It's been a bit quiet here this past week, - I have been busy with other things. But today I have a tag to share:
we have been so bowled over by your amazing response to our first challenge and to our projects over at A Vintage Journey, that we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your wonderful comments, we are so enjoying reading them.
Once the normal calendar kicks in, the second Friday in the challenge fortnight will be the day to announce the winner of the previous challenge and to see a project from a previous winner as a guest Creative Traveller. But we aren't quite into the cycle yet so what better than to share some Tim tags with you to help keep you inspired and ready to hop aboard and join in the challenge. So if you want to see some amazing tags to inspire you, be sure to hop over by clicking HERE
On to my tag, I followed Tim's techniques pretty much, even though I have a different version of the Feathers and Flight stamp set, so I had to make some changes.
I stamped the nest and did just what Tim describes. Then I stamped the first feather, masked it and stamped a second lighter version over it but because of the mask it looks as if it is behind when you remove the mask. I cut out a bird from the Wallflower paper collection, cut a tiny slit in the nest and tucked the bird inside.
Because my eggs were smaller, I stamped two of them, using Broken China for the eggs and Coffee Archival for the speckles. Tim makes it look so easy, but I missed the exact over stamping. At that point I nearly ditched the whole tag but then I thought, ah well, embrace imperfection....
So there you are, that was the sentiment I chose for the word band. As I don't have the tiny attacher I just attached it with some string. I don't have the coloured jute either, so I took plain and stained it with Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain, works just fine.
I stenciled the background using the same stencil as Tim, I think it is going to be a new favourite. Like I did with my other tags I mounted the size 8 onto a size 10 tag and added the month. I plan to do that with all my tags this year.
To be honest, I struggled quite a bit with using the new Spritzer tool, again Tim makes it look so easy, but there is definitely a knack to it. It worked a little bit but in the end I added some more colour through the stencil with a blending sponge.
Some Tissue tape, a few Remnant Rubs and some other bits and pieces finished it all off.
Some hand dyed seam binding and a little dragon fly charm highlighted a bit with some Broken China Distress paint, top off the tag and that was pretty much it.
You can of course see Tim's original and how he put it together HERE
Well, hope you like my version and thanks so much for visiting. Happy weekend everyone!!