Sunday 1 April 2018

Tag wallet for Minialum Makers

Hello friends and happy April and as it is Easter today, also Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it!
I have been spending quite a bit of time playing with my Geli Plate and for this months challenge decided to create a tag wallet where I can keep  all my samples. I shall show those at the end of this post, but first let me try and explain how I made it:
For the basic structure of your wallet you will need two tags for the front and the back (I used the small size 8, but you can of course use any size).
You will also need two strips of card folded accordian style as you can see in the photo above.They need to be about half the height of your tags, and the length can be as long as you choose, depending in the number of folds you want, and how wide apart you make your folds. Mine are 1/2 inch apart,and as I have 10 slots the width was 12" to leave me some space on either side to glue to my tags, I hope the photo below makes clear how to do that.
This is the first strip, the second one goes on the other side so you land up with it looking like the photo below.
As you can see there is a gap at the end, so you should make a spine to fold around that.
My spine looks like this, but you can of course make it as wide or narrow as you want, depending on how fat you want your folder to be.
Here you can see that the gap at the bottom is now covered, - it's a good idea to keep it in place while your glue is drying with some little clips. Below you can see what it will look like from the side:
So this is the basic structure of your album. I now took two more tags and decorated them to make the front and the back. I used texture paste, stencils, inks and sprays and decorated them with flowers etc.
Here is the front:
And here the back
I used a bit of seam binding ribbon to close my wallet.

Alright, now to the little tags that fit inside:
I had great fun playing with different colour combinations and stencils put on the geli plate.
Here is a close up of a couple of them:
After I had done the basics with the help of the geli plate, I decided to work on them further with more stencils, inks and doodling, so this is what they look like now:
Most of the stamps are older Tim Holtz ones. I even took out my old sewing machine and did some messy stitching around most of them. Finally a few close ups of some of my favourites:




Alright, that's it, - thank you for staying with me through this very long post! We hope many of you will join us for our challenge again this month, all you need to do is create an album, mini or handmade book in any style. Our sponsors this month are Gypsy Soul lazercuts and you could win a fabulous prize pack! Just click HERE for all the details and to see the wonderful labums my teamies have created.
Have a wonderful month!
xxxxx

17 comments:

SD pooja said...

I loved this entire concept of wallet mini.You have explained the steps very clearly,thanks.Good idea to use gelli prints to make tags :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous and thanks for the tutorial. Happy Easter to you too. Judy x

Redanne said...

Astrid, your tag wallet is so beautiful and so very practical too, I love the idea of keeping your technique samples inside, it is such a great way to organise them. The cover is gorgeous and matches that beautiful paper so well. I hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Nancy Wethington said...

Astrid, this is both clever and lovely. I, too have tags for samples and will definitely use your idea to keep them handy. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie S said...

What a wonderful idea to use your prints in a mini. Such a clever design too!

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid, a fantastic idea, of a wallet, for stunning tags, and ideas. So clever, - you always amazes me, so beautiful everything .
Hugs, Dorthe

Patty O'Malley said...

I love your tag wallet, Astrid! Beautiful! Happy Easter!

SusanLotus said...

WOW! This is very beautiful and an unique idea.

Kate Yetter said...

What a genius idea! I love each and every unique tag and the stitching. Beautiful!
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your so organised Astrid, I love your tag wallet keeping all those samples full of wonderful techniques so safe. I try to keep mine together but I loose many more along the way. Beautiful display both front and back. You are so clever, thank you for sharing.
Creative wishes Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a great construction - and wonderful to see your Gelli-Astrid-style samples... makes me want to get mine out and play. It's one of those purchases which has mostly sat on a shelf since I bought it! Beautiful work, and really helpful tutorial photos.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful way to store your samples - which of course are all fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my goodness Astrid! What a neat idea! I'm so appreciative of you sharing this process, as I would enjoy making this book for sure. I always love your experimentations and seeing them all in a group/finished project is most impressive! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful little book. Hugs, Autumn

sarascloset said...

Astrid, I am sooo happy I had time to come by and see the details on this tag booklet! What a super cool idea, and probably something even I can figure out now that you've left such easy to follow instructions. EAch of those tags is a beauty, but my favorite is 'See Beauty Everywhere'. And I see it here! Gorgeous little album and so CLEVER! Happy weekend and big hugs!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this mini with all those great inserts! I have a Gelli Plate that has never been out of the packaging!!! I need a tutorial on using it. hee hee Too bad you cannot drop on over to my house and show me what to do. ;)

Inna Bronnikova said...

Astrid, thanks for the inspiration! I love your tag wallet. This is very beautiful idea!

Maggie said...

Love tags and mini books your project is match made in heaven and I am totally inspired to make one maybe I will also turn some of my many gel I plate makes into tags. Thank you for sharing all the details and amazing tags

MaggieH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key